Author Topic: CycleSafe Bathurst Meeting No2 - 15 July 20  (Read 1177 times)

Mark

  • Administrator
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 182
    • View Profile
CycleSafe Bathurst Meeting No2 - 15 July 20
« on: August 18, 2020, 08:45:02 PM »
CSB Safety Meeting No.2 – July 15, 2020 5:00 PM
Zoom Meeting: Chaired Geoff Hastings

Agenda -
Report on Actions from Last Meeting and any actions from the report
Development of Communication Guide – Geoff and Murray (attached)
Incorporation – Geoff
Website and Domain (MarkW)
Facebook Page (MarkW, Wendy, Geoff)
Member building – see later
Albury contact development – Carly
Online Question Pilot – Peter
Current Projects – Reports if needed / Council interactions – Rob and Peter / Mapping Group – Mark, Griffo, Bill
Treasurer’s Report - Megan
Next Steps
Members and Groups – Geoff
Printed material – Geoff
Building a presence
Bike Plan 2011 - Discussion
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 08:46:46 PM by Mark »

Mark

  • Administrator
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 182
    • View Profile
Re: CycleSafe Bathurst Meeting No2 - 15 July 20
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 11:11:26 PM »
MINUTES JULY MEETING SAFE CYCLING BATHURST
JULY 15, 2020

PRESENT: Bill Miller, Peter Wilson, Peter Simmons, Murray Jewkes, Geoff Hastings, Wendy Hastings, Greg Griffith, Rob Barlow., Simon Coomans.
Apologies: Renee Covington, Carly Sewell

Report on Actions from Last Meeting and any actions from the report

1.   Development of Communication Guide – Geoff and Murray (attached)
Link useful items  such as podcasts (eg Rear Vision) to the website
Link to “Hazard report”
Peter Simmons to assist with development of “talking points”
Murray to develop social media presence

2.   Incorporation – Geoff
Report that it was submitted & following the meeting we received notification that it has been accepted

3.   Website and Domain (Mark)
In the process of developing the website. Domain name purchased; twitter & FB account set up as well

4.   Facebook Page  Mark, Wendy, Geoff)
Not at active stage yet

5.   Member building – see later

6.   Albury contact development – Carly
Carly has provided contact details of Albury staff and Peter S will follow up. It is a good example of what a council is able to achieve. Need to find out if the development was outsourced.

7.   Online Question Pilot – Peter
Up date on what information he had agered about individuals views of why the do or don’t ride.
We need to understand what will increase participation. Data is essential when we approach Council etc

PROJECTS
Council – Discussion about next steps.
a)   Building a presence. Those Councillors with whom we have connections will be our target. Geoff to drive this;
b)   With media through Western Advocate – Rob B, Simon, Billy & Geoff
c)   Rotary type groups to outline what we’re trying to achieve
d)   Schools – make use of Carly & her connections

GENERAL BUSINESS

1.   Noted the initiatives in Manly & Liverpool Council to limit speed in CBD; 40kph in Forbes.

2.   Need to link to National organisations so they know what we’re doing.

3.   Member building – each person to sign up one more.

4.   Public Liability Insurance – Geoff to investigate.

NEXT MEETING
19 August 5.30pm
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 11:14:12 PM by Mark »